Introducing, this time in more detail, YourLooper.com
This site currently hosts approx 495 downloadable flash loopers with each one containing numerous loops inside.
Studio Scratches gives you a quick tour and how to guide as we found the site a little tricky to get use to start with and hope to make it easier for you to take advantage of all these free beats on this underrated site.
How to use YourLooper.com
- Go to YourLooper.com
- Click on the “Looper” text on the main navigation
- Use the “Beatmaker’, “Year”, “Format” dropdowns or “Search” field to search / filter results – results will appear below if you are looking for something in particular, otherwise you should jsut see a load of images that look like album covers
- Underneath each looper image is an arrow – click the arrow to bring up the download details box
- Click the “Download” button
- Once its downloaded, open the file* (Mac users see not below) and you will see various buttons you click to play each loop. There should also be a stop button.
- Each looper is unique in design
* Mac users can use Eltima SWF & FLV Player to open the exe file:
Here is what a typical looper looks like:
Pretty obvious to use – click the numbers to play the loops. Some loopers are slightly more illusive and the buttons are disguised so you have to explore a bit. The stop button for this one is the label of the record. Most include a clickable link to the artist so you can discover more.
YourLooper advanced use
Once you have downloaded a few loopers and got scratching, you can make use of the other features this site has to offer.
Say you record a video over one of the loops, you can post this video in the loopers info on the site and then people can watch it.
Here is an example screenshot for the “Paradigme” looper:
You can see all the videos at the bottom that have been linked. When you click on a video it comes up on the top right as in this example. The video plays there and then within the site.
Adding a link to your video is simple. When you are on this download detail screen:
just click the icon on the right that looks like a CD with the + sign O+
Enter the youtube url and off you go! It’s a great way to gain exposure.
You can also enter comments and rate the looper.
Pretty fantastic we think. There’s enough loops in this site to keep you amused for days, weeks, years, in a variety of styles.
Stay tuned for some Studio Scratches Loopers!
Thanks to beat4battle for the tip on how to open the loopers for all us mac users.
Which loopers are you feeling the most? Area any of your loops on this site? Post them in the comments below.
If you enjoyed this article, you can sign up to receive fresh new articles, tips and tricks on scratching and free beats to help you become a better scratch DJ.
You'll also receive my FREE Scratch DJ Equipment Guide.