Hey! Here is a sneak peak of the latest School of Scratch “Pushes” masterclass tutorial.
Pushes are a faderless record hand technique which can add a new dimension to your forward scratches, creating variation and a more expressive sound.
In the full 17 minute tutorial over in the School of Scratch Classroom, I give a comprehensive breakdown of pushes including different patterns and a QnA session so you can apply the technique in your scratching.
- 00:00 – Intro.
- 00:52 – Technique Breakdown.
- 01:56 – Slow motion.
- 02:16 – Variations.
- 02:38 – 2 pushes = 3 sounds.
- 02:52 – 3 pushes = 4 sounds.
- 03:07 – Tip: rewinding the record.
- 03:22 – Timing with a beat.
- 03:43 – Pattern 1: 1e, 3e.
- 04:23 – Pattern 2: 1e, 2e, 3e, 4e.
- 05:07 – Pattern 3: 1 bar see saw.
- 05:58 – Pattern 4: See Saw continuous.
- 06:37 – Pattern 5: 2 pushes.
- 07:22 – Pattern 6 3 pushes.
- 08:07 – Follow your flow.
- 08:18 – QnA.
- 16:23 – Wrap Up.
- 16:33 – BONUS patterns to give you a giggle.
- 17:40 – END.
If you are interested in learning how to scratch, I’d love to send you 2 free video tutorials so you can see exactly how I can help you do just that. Use the signup form below.
OR, if you are ready to join our Supa Scratch Crew, you can signup here and get full access to the school and all my scratch secrets:
Get 2 Free Videos!
Enter your details and I’ll send you 2 FREE full-length video lessons from inside the School, direct to your inbox. The perfect way to see exactly what you’ll be learning from.
You’ll also get your very own copy of my DJ Equipment Guide. It’s a complete overview of the equipment you need for scratching.