I have received many requests for my 30 Days of Scratching video series to be made available as a downloadable audio album and so here it is.
Over 3 hours of scratch audio inspiration!
Watching vs Listening
I have found that listening to scratching helps me to develop my rhythm and flow in a different way than when I watch scratch videos.
In today’s world of instantly digestible 1 minute Instagram videos, it can be easy to scroll from one video to the next without really taking in what we are hearing.
By listening to audio, we are less focused on recognising scratch techniques visually and can become more inspired by the overall rhythm and patterns we are hearing.
This can train the ear to be present and really hear. By switching off the visual aspect, one less sense is involved and this can heighten our audio sense and our ability to truly hear.
How to use this audio
- Just listen and enjoy! Let it wash over you.
- Let it inspire you to try some of the rhythms and patterns you are hearing.
- Let what you are hearing inspire you to try new rhythms in your own way using the scratches you already know.
- Listen and see if you can recognise which scratch techniques I am using.
- Use the same beats and samples and see if you can copy some of what I am doing as a way to learn and train.
- Disconnect from social media and other distractions and focus solely on listening. Bonus points if you close your eyes.
Let me know how you use this album and what you learn from it.
Beat and Scratch Sample Info
You can watch the full video series and get all the beat and sample info here:
– Emma Short-E
P.S. If you want to learn how to scratch with me, check out my School of Scratch
If you enjoyed this article, you can sign up to receive fresh new articles, tips and tricks on scratching and free beats to help you become a better scratch DJ.
You'll also receive my FREE Scratch DJ Equipment Guide.